... because learning DevOps is awesome
Hello world! We will try our best to make sure this is the finest curated list of all DevOps resources at one place. Help us by fixing our mistakes and adding more useful links. Thanks!
|Philosophy :thought_balloon:||Processes :speech_balloon:||Source Code Management :octocat:||Build Automation :arrows_counterclockwise:||Continuous Integration :arrows_counterclockwise:||Continuous Delivery :arrows_counterclockwise:|
|Infrastructure As Code :loop:||Monitoring :bar_chart:||Logging :page_facing_up:||IAAS Providers :cloud:||PAAS Providers :cloud:||Containerisation :ship:|
|MicroServices :microscope:||Anti Patterns :no_entry_sign:||Security :lock:||Languages :pencil:||Books :books:||Slide Presentations||Videos :tv:|
- [ ] Five years, building a culture, and handing it off
- [ ] 3 characteristics of an effective cloud developer
- [ ] I want to be a DevOps!
- [ ] Hiring a Cloud Engineer? Questions to Ask and What You Should Hear
- [ ] How To Write A Good Status Update
- [ ] Communication and Collaboration across teams
- [ ] 5 Expert Recommendations when Hiring a DevOps Engineer
Source Code Management
- [ ] Gitignore exmpales - Ignoring what shouldn't go inside your codebase
- [ ] Contributing to Open Source on GitHub
- [ ] Useful Git Workflows - Comparison as well
- [ ] GitHub Training & Guides
- [ ] Versioning 101
- [ ] Forking Vs Branching
- [ ] How is SVN v 1.8 branching / merging compared to Git?
- [ ] Code Reviews - Git Pull Requests Vs Gerrit
- [ ] Zappr - Approvals for Github PRs - By Zalando
- [ ] CI Using Docker platform - Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus, Gitlab
- [ ] Six rules for setting up continuous integration systems
- [ ] A skeptic’s guide to continuous delivery
- [ ] Continuous Delivery - Jez Humble
- [ ] CD using Jenkins DSL Plugin
Infrastructure As Code:
- [ ] Why Bosh? I just learnt Chef!
- [ ] Chef - Tips and Tricks -1
- [ ] Chef - Tips and Tricks -2
- [ ] Chef - Best Practices -2
- [ ] Chef - Best Practices -3
- [ ] Chef - Cookbook versioning - 1
- [ ] Chef - Cookbook versioning - 2
- [ ] Chef- Do's and Don'ts
- [ ] TDD with Chef - Overview
- [ ] Test Kitchen - Developing and testing infrastructure code
- [ ] Chef and Jenkins -1
- [ ] Chef and Jenkins -2
- [ ] Foodcritic - Helpful lint tool
- [ ] Chef Vs Puppet
- [ ] 5 AWS Mistakes You Should Avoid
- [ ] AWS Route 53 Best Practices
- [ ] A Beginner's Guide to Scaling to 11 Million+ Users on Amazon's AWS
- [ ] Rolling Update with AWS CloudFormation
- [ ] AWS Shell
- [ ] AWS Inspector - Security
- [ ] AWS VPC - Fundamentals
- [ ] Internet Scale Services Checklist
- [ ] How to build stable systems
- [ ] Zookeeper
- [ ] Haproxy Best Practices
- [ ] Decisions needed to run Docker in Production
- [ ] LXC Introduction
- [ ] Dockerfile for beginners
- [ ] Docker - Intermediate and Dangling Images
- [ ] Learn the Kubernetes Key Concepts in 10 Minutes
- [ ] Version control your development databases in docker
- [ ] Dockerfile Linter
- [ ] Namespaces Overview
- [ ] User namespaces have arrived in Docker!
- [ ] Vagrant Or Docker?
- [ ] Docker Vs Virtual Machine
- [ ] Containers are not VMs
- [ ] Containers and VMs Together
- [ ] Docker and 12FA - A perfect Couple
- [ ] Streisand - sets up a brand new server running a wide variety of anti-censorship software
- [ ] Install, configure and automatically renew Let's Encrypt SSL certificate
- [ ] Security Guide: How to Protect Your Infrastructure Against the Basic Attacker
- Python 2.7 - https://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/
Contributions are most welcome!
This list is just getting started, please contribute to make it super awesome.
Check out the Contributing Guidelines.
awesome-learning by The Remote Lab is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.